West Palm Beach Reckless Driving Defense Lawyers
If you are charged with reckless driving the facts of your driving pattern are crucial. Reckless driving charges rely on the police officer’s opinion of your driving pattern. Depending on your set of facts, a reckless driving charge can easily be challenged. If you were charged with reckless driving, contact us 24/7 to speak directly with a West Palm Beach attorney can offer you a FREE CONSULTATION.
What is Reckless Driving?
Florida Statute §319.192 is the statute that governs reckless driving charges. It provides as follows:
- Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
- Fleeing a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle is automatically considered reckless driving, regardless of the manner in which the person drives while fleeing law enforcement.
Criminal penalties; 316.192
- First conviction is punishable by up to 90 days jail and a fine of not less than $25 nor more than $500.
- A second or subsequent conviction is punishable by up to 6 months jail and a fine of not less than $50 nor more than $1,000.
- If you commit reckless driving and cause damage to the property or person of another it is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable by up to 1 year in jail and a fine up to $1,000.00.
- Should the victim suffer serious bodily injury, you can be charged with a felony of the third degree, punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine up to $5,000.00.
- According to 316.192(3)(2): “The term “serious bodily injury” means an injury to another person, which consists of a physical condition that creates a substantial risk of death, serious personal disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.”
If you have been arrested or are facing charges for reckless driving contact us today for your FREE CONSULTATION, it may mean the difference between a dismissal and a conviction.
Click below for more information on other DUI related information: